A levels (104 UCAS points - excluding General Studies) or equivalent qualifications, such as a BTEC National Diploma, Scottish Highers etc
GCSE Maths (minimum grade C)*
GCSE English Language (minimum grade C)**
We also accept Access qualifications (with a grade of 22 merits or a distinction).
Students who have completed the online University Certificate in Psychology (OLUBC) will be offered automatic progression to the online Psychology BSc (Hons) Programme where they have achieved a final average grade of 50% and have passed all the core shared BSc/UCP modules.
For all other students who have completed the online University Certificate in Psychology (OLUBC), progression on to the BSc will be at the discretion of the programme leader/academic lead.
English language qualification
If English is not your first language you will need an English language qualification. For this course you will need at least one of the following:
TOEFL 550 (paper based) 213 (computer based) or 80 (internet based)
Pearson Test of Academic English: 51
Cambridge Advanced Certificate: Pass
London Tests of English: we accept level 4 for undergraduate courses
International GCE O Level English Language: Grade C
International GCSE English/English as a Second Language: Grade C**
* If you don't have GCSE Maths then you can study our Certificate of Credit in Introduction to Maths in Preparation for Higher Education which is a 20 credit module designed to help you develop your mathematical skills in preparation for higher education.
**If you have a minimum of IELTS level 4.5 you can study our Certificate of Credit in English for Academic Purposes which we will accept as evidence that you are able to perform at a suitable level of IELTS 6.0. We will also accept the Certificate of Credit as evidence that you can perform at GCSE level.
Documents to support your application
You'll need to provide:
- Photo ID – this could be your passport or driving licence
- Current CV
- Copies of certificates and transcripts or a letter of testimony for previous qualifications*
*Documents not in English or Welsh must be accompanied by a certified translation by a professional translator/translation company. Each translation must contain:
- Confirmation from the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original document
- The date of the translation
- The full name and signature of the translator, or an authorised official of the company
- The translator’s contact details
A list of approved translators can be found on the UK Gov website
You can find out how much time you need for study here.