- GCSE Maths (minimum grade C)
- GCSE English Language (minimum grade C)*
We also accept Access qualifications (with a grade of 22 merits or a distinction). You must also be 18 years of age or over.
We will need to consider all the information that you've included in your application. We want to see that you're enthusiastic and motivated to take this course and that you have the potential to benefit from studying your degree through online learning. Entry to the programme is at the discretion of the Academic Lead and prior to beginning your study you may need to speak to them.
If you have a significant amount of experience within a sports and exercise role or career your application will also be considered.
English language qualification
If English is not your first language you will need an English language qualification. For this course you will need at least one of the following:
- IELTS 6.0*
- TOEFL 550 (paper based) 213 (computer based) or 80 (internet based)
- Pearson Test of Academic English: 51
- Cambridge Advanced Certificate: Pass
- London Tests of English: we accept level 4 for undergraduate courses
- International GCE O Level English Language: Grade C
- International GCSE English/English as a Second Language: Grade C*
*If you have a minimum of IELTS level 4.5 you can study our Certificate of Credit in English for Academic Purposes which we will accept as evidence that you are able to perform at a suitable level of IELTS 6.0. We will also accept the Certificate of Credit as evidence that you can perform at GCSE level.
Documents to support your application
You'll need to provide:
- Photo ID – this could be your passport or driving licence
- Current CV
- Written reference supplied on headed paper from either a manager, supervisor, tutor or teacher
- Copies of certificates and transcripts or a letter of testimony for previous qualifications*
*Documents not in English or Welsh must be accompanied by a certified translation by a professional translator/translation company. Each translation must contain:
- Confirmation from the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original document
- The date of the translation
- The full name and signature of the translator, or an authorised official of the company
- The translator’s contact details
A list of approved translators can be found on the UK Gov website
You can find out how much time you need for study here.