You will need A levels or equivalent qualifications such as a BTEC Certificate or Diploma, an International Baccalaureate, OU credits, an Access to HE diploma, Scottish Highers or Irish Leaving Certificate.
We’ll also consider all the information that you include in your application, including evidence of any relevant experience which demonstrates you have the potential to succeed on this online learning degree.
English language qualification
If English is not your first language you will need an English language qualification. For this course you will need at least one of the following:
- IELTS 6.0*
- TOEFL 550 (paper based) 213 (computer based) or 80 (internet based)
- Pearson Test of Academic English: 51
- Cambridge Advanced Certificate: Pass
- London Tests of English: we accept level 4 for undergraduate courses
- International GCE O Level English Language: Grade C
- International GCSE English/English as a Second Language: Grade C*
*If you have a minimum of IELTS level 4.5 you can study our Certificate of Credit in English for Academic Purposes which we will accept as evidence that you are able to perform at a suitable level of IELTS 6.0. We will also accept the Certificate of Credit as evidence that you can perform at GCSE level.
Application for exemption on the basis of prior academic study, professional qualifications or professional experience.
If you have already studied at another institution, completed a training course or have work experience which appears equivalent to one or more modules of this programme, you may be able to translate this prior learning into credits towards your course modules so that you do not have to study them again. This is called Recognition of Prior Learning or RPL. For more information please click on the button below.
Documents to support your application
You'll need to provide:
- Photo ID – this could be your passport or driving licence
- Current CV
- Copies of certificates and transcripts or a letter of testimony for previous qualifications*
*Documents not in English or Welsh must be accompanied by a certified translation by a professional translator/translation company. Each translation must contain:
- Confirmation from the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original document
- The date of the translation
- The full name and signature of the translator, or an authorised official of the company
- The translator’s contact details
A list of approved translators can be found on the UK Gov website
You can find out how much time you need for study here.