You need to have both of the following:
An HND or Foundation degree in a relevant subject
A minimum of 6 months working in the hospitality industry on a full time basis.
If you have extensive industry experience at supervisory or management levels but do not meet the academic entry criteria above, we can consider your application - speak to our advisors for further information and guidance.
When you apply, please send us a transcript of the modules you've already studied so that we can make sure your HND or Foundation degree is compatible with this course. If you would like to be considered based on your professional experience please send us a detailed CV.
English language qualifications
If English is not your first language and you studied your previous qualification(s) in a language other than English, you will need an English language qualification. For this course you will need at least one of the following:
TOEFL 550 (paper based) 213 (computer based) or 80 (internet based)
Pearson Test of Academic English: 51
Cambridge Advanced Certificate: Pass
London Tests of English: we accept level 4 for undergraduate courses
International GCE O Level English Language: Grade C
International GCSE English/English as a Second Language: Grade C*
*If you have a minimum of IELTS level 4.5 you can study our Certificate of Credit in English for Academic Purposes which we will accept as evidence that you are able to perform at a suitable level of IELTS 6.0. We will also accept the Certificate of Credit as evidence that you can perform at GCSE level.
Documents to support your application
You'll need to provide:
- Photo ID – this could be your passport or driving licence
- Current CV
- Written reference supplied on headed paper from either a manager, supervisor, tutor or teacher
- Copies of certificates and transcripts or a letter of testimony for previous qualifications*
*Documents not in English or Welsh must be accompanied by a certified translation by a professional translator/translation company. Each translation must contain:
- Confirmation from the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original document
- The date of the translation
- The full name and signature of the translator, or an authorised official of the company
- The translator’s contact details
A list of approved translators can be found on the UK Gov website
You can find out how much time you need for study here.