You will need one of the following:
- Level 4 qualification (e.g. HE Certificate) in hospitality or relevant subject e.g. tourism, business or management, plus a minimum of 1 year (full time equivalent) of relevant industry experience
- Level 5 qualification in a non-relevant subject area and experience in the hospitality industry for 2 or more years (full-time equivalent)
- Applicants who possess a relevant level 3 qualification will be considered if a proof of professional experience in the hospitality industry for more than two years (full-time equivalent) is included in application.
If you do not meet the entry criteria above, we may be able to consider relevant professional experience within the hospitality sector but this would be assessed by our admissions team on an individual basis.
English language qualifications
If English is not your first language and you studied your previous qualification(s) in a language other than English, you will need an English language qualification. For this course you will need at least one of the following:
- IELTS 6.0*
- TOEFL 550 (paper based) 213 (computer based) or 80 (internet based)
- Pearson Test of Academic English: 51
- Cambridge Advanced Certificate: Pass
- London Tests of English: we accept level 4 for undergraduate courses
- International GCE O Level English Language: Grade C
- International GCSE English/English as a Second Language: Grade C*
*If you have a minimum of IELTS level 4.5 you can study our Certificate of Credit in English for Academic Purposes which we will accept as evidence that you are able to perform at a suitable level of IELTS 6.0. We will also accept the Certificate of Credit as evidence that you can perform at GCSE level.
Documents to support your application
You'll need to provide:
- Photo ID – this could be your passport or driving licence
- Current CV
- Written reference supplied on headed paper from either a manager, supervisor, tutor or teacher
- Copies of certificates and transcripts or a letter of testimony for previous qualifications*
*Documents not in English or Welsh must be accompanied by a certified translation by a professional translator/translation company. Each translation must contain:
- Confirmation from the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original document
- The date of the translation
- The full name and signature of the translator, or an authorised official of the company
- The translator’s contact details
A list of approved translators can be found on the UK Gov website
You can find out how much time you need for study here.