You will need:

  • You will need to be working within a health or social care environment. This can be either within a paid or voluntary capacity.
  • Evidence of previous study at level 4 or equivalent in the area of health and social care or equivalent experience.
  • GCSE English grade C or above.*

English language qualification

If English is not your first language you will need an English language qualification. For this course you will need the following:

  • IELTS 6.0 (or equivalent)*

When applying, it is essential that you submit the following:

a) Qualification evidence awarded in your country.

b) Transcripts of all relevant education/training.

c) NARIC evidence.

d) International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a score of 6.0 in all areas or equivalent qualification.

*If you have a minimum of IELTS level 4.5 you can study our Certificate of Credit in English for Academic Purposes which we will accept as evidence that you are able to perform at a suitable level of IELTS 6.0.  We will also accept the Certificate of Credit as evidence that you can perform at GCSE level.

Documents to support your application

You'll need to provide:

  • Photo ID – this could be your passport or driving licence
  • Written reference supplied on headed paper from either a manager, supervisor, tutor or teacher
  • Copies of certificates and transcripts or a letter of testimony for previous qualifications*

*Documents not in English or Welsh must be accompanied by a certified translation by a professional translator/translation company. Each translation must contain:

  • Confirmation from the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original document
  • The date of the translation
  • The full name and signature of the translator, or an authorised official of the company
  • The translator’s contact details

A list of approved translators can be found on the UK Gov website

Study time

You can find out how much time you need for study here.